We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Pot au feu is arguably one of everyone's favorite dishes and it deserves it.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 2 kg of beef (chuck, collar, scoter, gîte)
- Bone marrow
- 2 onions and 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cloves
- 4 nice carrots
- 6 firm potatoes
- 4 leek whites
- 3 turnips
- 3 liters of water
- 1 bouquet garni
- Salt pepper
This ancient recipe knows many variations so here is one that seduced us.
Pot au feu recipe
The success of this recipe obviously lies in the quality of the products and the meat but also in the cooking of the food because it is the time you devote to your Pot-au-feu that will contribute to its success.
Note that the pot-au-feu can be prepared the day before because it is even better reheated the next day ...
- Start by cutting the meat into even sized pieces
- You can ask your butcher to prepare it
- Peel the onions and plant each of them with a clove
In a pot,
- Add the onions, garlic and meat
- Also place the bouquet garni
- Cover completely with cold water
- Salt, pepper
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer without the vegetables for 2 hours
- During cooking, do not hesitate to skim regularly.
During this time we prepare the vegetables,
- Peel and clean all the vegetables
- Cut the carrots, turnips and potatoes into even sized pieces
- Cut the leek whites into large chunks to prevent them from falling apart during cooking
- Add the marrow bones, carrots and turnips to the meat and leave for 20 minutes
- Finally add the leeks and the potatoes and cook for another 20 minutes
It's important to cook meat and vegetables with some different cooking times by adding them as you go, otherwise the vegetables risk becoming porridge ...
Some even prefer to cook the potatoes, the most fragile vegetables during cooking, separately and add them at the last moment to the pot-au-feu.
Arrange each plate preferably in deep plates with the meat, some vegetables, a piece of marrow bone and some broth.
A good slice of bread and semi-salted butter will finally be perfect to conclude this delicious pot-au-feu!
Enjoy your meal !
Tip about the pot au feu
Prepared the day before, the stew will be even better once reheated, over low heat to awaken the flavors.
Photo credit © FomaA