Deliciously flavored, this fennel and fresh goat cheese tart recipe is a real treat for the taste buds.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 1 fresh cheese (Petit Billy type)
- 20 cl of liquid cream
- 1 fennel
- 15 g of butter 1/2 salt
- 1 tsp. coffee sugar
- Salt pepper
Read also: health benefits and virtues of fennel
Thin fennel and fresh goat cheese tart
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- Wash and mince the fennel.
- In a frying pan, melt 15 g of 1/2 salted butter, add the fennel.
Sprinkle with sugar, brown for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking paper, spread the puff pastry on it. Using a knife, mark a 5-millimeter border from the edge of the dough.
- In a small salad bowl, relax the cheese with the liquid cream, season with pepper and salt. Mix well and, up to the border drawn, cover the puff pastry with this mixture. Place the fennel slices on top.
- Bake and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cut into equal parts and serve!
- Do not hesitate to place small pieces of fennel plumes on your pie (before or after baking), they offer an anise side.
- When buying, choose white fennel, without spots and quite firm. The stems at the top of the bulb must be in good condition and the plume must be very green, a sign of freshness. Fennel keeps well, it can be kept for up to a week in the crisper of the refrigerator. It can be eaten raw with sauces as an anise aperitif or chopped in a crunchy salad.
Melon, ham, fruit apples, potatoes, fresh cheeses and smoked fish are its best partners.
Words from the kitchen
Relax: thin a preparation (a device) by adding liquid (milk, syrup, etc.).
Mince: cut into thin slices.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: S. Thommeret